CBD has been found to assist in the relief of a wide variety of health issues and symptoms. Pain and inflammation are one such area
CBD is one of more than 120 chemical compounds called cannabinoids. Many plants contain cannabinoids, but people most commonly link them to cannabis.
Unlike other cannabinoids – such as tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) – CBD does not produce a euphoric “high” or psychotoxic effect. This is because CBD does not interact with certain receptors in the same way as THC and has in fact been found to reduce the “high.”
The human body has an endocannabinoid system (ECS) that receives and translates signals from cannabinoids. It produces some cannabinoids of its own, which are called endocannabinoids. The ECS helps to regulate functions such as sleep, immune-system responses, and pain. Supplementing with additional cannabinoids, such as CBD, will assist the body’s own system in regulating those receptors.
What Type Of Pain Can CBD Supplements Assist In Relieving?
The research on CBD products and pain management has been promising, to date.
Supplementing with CBD can offer an alternative for people who have chronic pain and rely on medications, such as opioids, that can be habit-forming and cause further side effects.
So far, much of the evidence for CBD oil’s effects on pain management comes from animal-based research. Consequently, more human-based research is needed to verify the pain-relieving benefits of CBD oil and other products.
Below is a list of some of the possible benefits of CBD oil for a few of the most common pain-related reasons:
1. Arthritis pain – According to a study conducted in 2016 and published in the journal Pain in 2017, scientists observed that treatment with transdermal CBD helped thwart the development of joint pain in rats with osteoarthritis.
2. Multiple Sclerosis – Multiple sclerosis (MS) is an autoimmune disease that affects the entire body through the nerves and brain. One report found that short-term use of CBD oil could reduce the levels of spasticity a person feels. The results are modest, but many people reported a reduction in symptoms.
3. Chronic pain – The same report studied CBD use for general chronic pain. Their research concluded that there is substantial evidence that cannabis is an effective treatment for chronic pain in adults. The researchers also found that subjects were not likely to build up a tolerance to the effects of CBD, so they would not need to increase their dose continually.
4. Migraines & Cluster headaches – Studies on CBD and migraines are limited. The studies that currently exist mostly look at CBD when it is combined with THC, not when it is used alone. However, results from a study indicated that CBD and THC can lead to less acute pain and less intense pain for people with migraines.
5. IBS & related symptoms – Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a common digestive disorder characterised by abdominal pain, cramping, and changes in normal bowel function, including bloating, gas, diarrhoea, and constipation. As with the treatment of pain and MS, supplementing with CBD can be beneficial in reducing these side-effects.
What CBD Oil Strengths Should Be Used For Pain Management?
The concentration of CBD is measured in milligrams.
The maximum recommended dosage of CBD in South Africa is 20mg per day.
Why choose Rethink CBD for pain relief?
Due to the current CBD legislation and regulations, Releaf Pharmaceuticals has made the responsible decision to provide 3 strengths via their ReThink Daily Capsules and Oils. This allows the consumer to choose a product that suits their current health needs, but also never encourages the use of more than 20mg of the CBD per day. In this way, if you’re new to taking CBD, you can start off on a lower strength first.
CBD products might be able to offer relief to many people who have acute and even chronic pain. The most exciting part is that it may also be able to do so without causing drug intoxication and dependence. With the consent of your doctor, CBD products may greatly improve your pain management results.
Whatever the reason you’re considering supplementing with CBD, we encourage you to speak to your doctor to help determine the right treatment and dosage and also rule out any possible contraindications with other medications.
The Rethink CBD range includes oils, capsules, teas, and booster shots and is available at all leading pharmacies and health stores nationwide.